Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Call to Congress

Today I called my local Congressman's office, Joe Donnelly... a democrat. I called to express my frustration with the synchophantic talking points that each and every democrat has regurgitated again and again whenever asked about the most recent financial crisis; ..."four more years of failed Bush policies", is what I continue to hear. Well, I unloaded.

First, I scolded the young man on the other end of the phone for making a campaign pitch when he should have been listening to the needs and concerns of a constituent from his district.

Second, I scolded the democratic party for making back room deals with the legislation currently before them. I scolded the party for attempting to add additional spending onto an already overtaxed and overburded taxpayer base.

I informed the young man that I had worked during the 1980's when the RTC had to bail out S&L's across the country. This mess is no larger than any other mess. It just so happens that we're in the middle of another highly divisive election cycle, one that seems to have the nation divided exactly in half.

God help me, but for all of the talking and press meetings the candidates hold, I can't stomach listening to Chris Dodd or even the highly entertaining and laughable Joe Biden as they continue to spew forth their talking points as assigned by The Annointed One, Barack Hussein Obama.

Why won't the Congress or Senate bring the CEO's, Boards of Directors, and principle shareholders before them for grilling? Why won't they bring in the the members of the House and Senate who have benefitted from the easing of regulations? Why are we not able to demand that those members of the Congress and Senate who have benefitted from this and, indeed, cost all of us money, resign from office, losing their pensions and benefits as so many Americans are?

No comments: